Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Committed to Obtaining the Best Possible Results for our Clients
Having represented thousands of injured clients from across the United States, the Houston Personal Injury Lawyers at Fitts Zehl understand how physically and financially devastating an accident can be. As a result, we are always prepared and able to devote whatever resources are necessary to ensuring that our clients receive both the maximum damages and the best medical treatment available. By doing this, we enable our clients---and their families---to focus on their future, without having to worry about how to pay for it.
In 2014 alone, our lawyers have recovered over $20 Million in settlements and verdicts, including a $4.2 Million verdict against R&L Carriers, one of the largest trucking companies in the country, on behalf of a client who injured her lower back after being rear-ended by one of R&L's drivers. R&L refused to offer more than $250,000 to settle the case prior to trial, claiming that our client actually caused the collision by driving too slow for traffic conditions.
The jury, however, disagreed, and ended up awarding punitive damages against both R&L and its driver, making Fitts Zehl one of the only law firms in the country to recover punitive damages in two consecutive trials.
Several months earlier, Ryan Zehl, one of our firm's partners, was featured on the cover of the annual edition of Super Lawyers Magazine, in an article titled "Raising the Bar." Click here to read the article.
Over $550 Million in Settlements and Verdicts for Our Clients in the Past 5 Years Alone
We also understand the benefit of trial experience: because all of our lawyers are trial attorneys, we prepare every case as if it's going to trial, which enables us to reject inadequate settlement offers and present our client's damages to a jury when we believe it will result in a larger recovery. In the past 5 years alone, our firm has recovered over $550 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of clients across Texas and the United States.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Received the #1 Largest Accident Verdict in the State of Texas
Ryan Zehl and Kevin Haynes were awarded over $18.5 Million after a 3 week trial against Greyhound bus company in Dallas, Texas. The week before trial, Greyhound only offered our client $150,000 to settle the case. Our verdict was recently recognized as:
- the #1 largest accident verdict in the State of Texas,
- the #1 largest overall verdict awarded in Dallas, Texas, and
- the #1 largest verdict ever awarded against Greyhound Bus Company, to date
Our Commitment to our Clients is Confirmed by our Results
Our results are often unprecedented, which is why a large number of our verdicts are covered by the media, including Lawyers USA, The NY Times, CNN, Good Morning America, and many others, and have qualified us for membership in the "Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum," an organization limited to less than 1% of all trial lawyers.
The time and commitment that our lawyers put into preparing our cases for trial has proven to be quite beneficial to our clients: in the past 3 years alone, our lawyers have recovered over $550 million in settlements and verdicts on behalf of clients from across the country who were injured in offshore accidents, serious car, truck and bus accidents, and by dangerous prescription drugs, like Paxil, Trasylol, Avandia.
In recognition of these achievements, the 2012, 2013, and 2014 editions of Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuters publication, named Ryan Zehl a "Rising Star," an honor that's only extended to the top 2.5% of lawyers in Texas.
All of our Lawyers are Trial Attorneys who go to Trial and Win
While a majority of our cases are settled before trial, our lawyers are always prepared to go to trial in the event that the defendant refuses to settle the case for an amount that will fully compensate our client for their damages.
One of our most recent victories was against Greyhound Bus Company. After the 3 week trial, which was covered by Lawyers USA and the Houston Business Journal, the jury awarded our client and another passenger over $18 million in damages. Not only is this the largest verdict ever awarded against the company, but Greyhound had only offered $150,000 to settle the cases before trial.
Experience Fighting the Largest Corporations in the World
Whether it’s an offshore accident, a serious car, truck or bus accident, a defective prescription drug, or a complex business or insurance dispute, the trial lawyers at Fitts Zehl have the resources and experience necessary to fight against---and defeat---the largest corporations in the world.
Our Success has been Covered Across the World:
Our results, both in and out of the courtroom, have received attention from major media outlets around the world, including:
- Lawyers USA
- Star Tribune
- Good Morning America
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- Houston Chronicle
- Dallas Morning News
- International Herald Tribune
Our results, both in and out of the courtroom, confirm our dedication to our clients. We devote whatever time and resources are necessary to ensure that our clients are fully compensated for their injuries and losses – it’s not just our job, it’s our passion. Interested in learning more? Call us today for a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys. You can contact us through this website, or by calling 1 (800) 993-4887.
Some of our Recent Results
Clients from all over the Country have turned to the Texas Personal Injury Lawyers at Fitts Zehl to represent them in connection with some of the most catastrophic workplace accidents in history. The following is a list of some of our most recent successes:
- The Largest Accident Verdict in Texas: our lawyers recovered the #1 Largest Accident Verdict in Texas after a 3 week trial in Dallas County. Our client was a 24 year old female who herniated a disk in her lower back when a Greyhound Bus rolled over on icy roads. Although she only had $24,000 in past medical expenses, the jury awarded her over $18 Million, including $9 million in punitive damages.
- BP Deepwater Horizon Explosion: the maritime lawyers at Fitts Zehl successfully represented 5 of the workers who were injured while working onboard the Deepwater Horizon when it tragically exploded on April 20, 2010. After only 18 months, our lawyers were able to reach extremely favorable settlements on behalf of every one of our clients.
- The BP Texas City Explosion: our lawyers successfully represented over 100 workers who were injured in the BP oil refinery explosion in Texas City, Texas in March 2005. When BP refused to settle for an amount that fully compensated our clients, we took the cases to trial. After 11 days in the courtroom, BP decided to settle every one of our cases for a highly favorable, but confidential, amount.
- The Imperial Sugar Refinery Explosion: our lawyers were hired to represent 12 of the workers who were seriously injured when the Imperial Sugar refinery in Savannah, Georgia tragically exploded in 2008. We were able to settle all 8 cases within 12 months of filing the lawsuit.
- International Paper Mill Explosion: our personal injury lawyers obtained substantial settlements on behalf of 3 of our clients who were severely burned when a paper mill exploded in Redwood, Mississippi in 2009.
- Offshore Injuries under Maritime Law and the Jones Act: our maritime lawyers regularly represent workers who were seriously injured while working offshore and have successfully resolved hundreds of cases against the largest maritime companies in the country, including BP, Hercules, Transocean, Oceaneering, Diamond Offshore, Devon, Ensco, Noble, and Pride International.
- Serious Bus Accidents and Truck Accidents: our personal injury lawyers have successfully settled and tried over 200 cases on behalf of clients injured in car, bus and truck accidents throughout the United States. Just recently, for example, Ryan Zehl recovered the largest verdict ($18.7 million) ever awarded against Greyhound Bus Company after a 3 week trial in Dallas, Texas. After trial, Mr. Zehl learned that 11 of the 12 jurors were prepared to award $500 million in punitive damages, but were unable to convince the 1 remaining juror to award over $20 million.
- Dangerous Prescription Drugs: in the past 2 years alone, our drug defect lawyers have successfully settled over 500 cases on behalf of clients from across the country who were injured or killed by dangerous prescription drugs or medical devices, including Paxil, Avandia, Zimmer Durom, and Trasylol.
- Hurricane insurance disputes: Our hurricane and insurance dispute lawyers have successfully represented hundreds of commercial and residential property owners against insurance companies that refused to compensate our clients for property damages and lost business revenue in connection with Hurricane Ike and Hurricane Katrina.
What You Can Expect from the Personal Injury Lawyers at Fitts Zehl
- We’ll devote whatever resources are necessary to winning your case: while we always do whatever we can to resolve your case in the quickest, most efficient manner possible, we’re never afraid of rejecting an inadequate settlement offer and going to trial to ensure that you are fully compensated for your injuries and damages.
- We will ensure that you receive the best medical treatment possible: we don’t just win cases for our clients – we also support them through the process. As long as the law does not prohibit us from doing so, we will help you with your medical and necessary living expenses whenever possible so you can get the best medical treatment possible and focus on getting your life back.
- We cover your expenses and don't get paid UNTIL we Win: we understand that when you’ve been injured, the last thing you want to worry about is how you’re going to pay for a lawyer. That's why we work exclusively on a contingency fee basis, which means that you will pay no fee or out-of-pocket expenses until we win your case
Call one of Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free, No Commitment Consultation at 1-800-993-4887 or by Clicking Here